Great news! Jet Marking Systems is hiring a Service Technician based in Calgary, Alberta. Are you a mechanically inclined individual who also enjoys working with people in a sales & service position? Do you enjoy problem-solving and learning about new technology? This may be the perfect opportunity for you.
We are looking for a qualified technician to maintain, service and repair label printers and accessories. Light outside sales duties and service calls are included in responsibilities. Position earns above industry salary and fully funded comprehensive benefits package.
- Respond to technical questions regarding the products available
- Provide service and customer support during field visits
- Tie workflow to schedule
- Manage all on site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions
- Document processes
- Operate vehicle in a safe manner
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations
- Build positive relationships with customers
- Make outbound follow-up calls to existing customers via telephone and e-mail.
- Achieve and maintain rapport with new customers and works to give them the best possible service.
- Cold-call prospects and leads
- Identify decision makers within targeted leads
- Secure competitive information from customer interactions
- Where necessary, support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits and other client related events.
- Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms and prepare sales order forms and/or reports.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills
- Team oriented personality and the ability to work independently
- Beneficial to have experience with: Zebra, SATO, Leibinger, HP, Lexmark, Citronix , Label Applicators, Datamax, Toshiba TEC, Intermec, Bar Code Scanners (Microscan, Motorola, Intermec, Honeywell, Datalogic) Labelling Software (Seagull Scientific – Bartender, Teklynx – Labelview, Label Matrix and CodeSoft, Nice Label – Designer Pro and Nice Label Suite)
About Jet Marking Systems:
Jet Marking Systems (JMS) was established in 2005 after the ambitious team at Jet Label & Packaging identified a significant need from some of their major label customers. Since then, JMS has set out to ensure their customers always have a trustworthy, flexible support team to automate and streamline processes and to minimize downtime of their marking systems.
JMS has a factory- and industry-trained team with a pool of dynamic and dedicated technicians that cover all of Western Canada. We have carefully selected and partnered with first class technology and manufacturers of coding, labelling, case sealing, tracking & traceability, RFID and conveyor systems to offer you the very best options for your industry.
About Jet Label, parent company of Jet Marking Systems:
We are western Canada’s largest label manufacturer and printer with locations in Vancouver, Prince George, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon and Winnipeg. Using both digital and flexographic print technology, we offer a complete selection of stocked and customizable labels, stickers, printed tape, tickets, barcode labels, scale labels, tags and thermal transfer ribbon and labels. We serve all major industries such as agriculture, airline, chemical, forestry, food processing, general warehouse, grocery, and pharmacy. Check out www.jet-label.com and our campus locations, we are looking for individuals that “Stick out and stick with us.”
We are a tight knit family at Jet Label. Owners communicate openly with employees about successes and fails of the company. They also encourage open communication from employees about their personal successes and fails. With the growth of the company doubling in size every two years, we are looking for people that want to join us on this journey. We will need to share values and beliefs on how we support our customers and our company.
Our hiring process involves multiple touches of contact between prospective candidates and our organization.
Please send contact information and resume with cover letter to Jaclyn Mulek, HR Administration:
Thank you for responding, individuals only receive reply for an interview.