Role Title: Service Technician
Location: Surrey, BC – Travel is Required (50% travel)
Jet Marking Systems (JMS), a subsidiary of Jet Label & Packaging, is looking for a full-time Service Technician to join our team in Surrey! This is a great opportunity to become part of a growing company and be at the forefront of technology and innovation for a wide variety of industries.
Jet Marking Systems (JMS) was established in 2005 after the ambitious team at Jet Label & Packaging identified a significant need for label application, conveyor and tracking, and traceability equipment from some of their major label customers. Since then, we at JMS have set out to ensure our customers always have a trustworthy, flexible support team to automate and streamline processes and to minimize downtime of their marking systems.
JMS has a factory and industry trained team with a pool of dynamic and dedicated technicians that cover all Western Canada. We have carefully selected and partnered with first class technology and manufacturers of coding, labelling, case sealing, tracking and traceability, RFID (radio-frequency identification) and conveyor systems to offer you the very best options for any industry.
Check out www.jet-marking.com for more info on why you should join us!
Our Core Values
We earn trust
We win and lose as a team
We build, repair and maintain positive relationships
We push our abilities to the limit
We bleed orange and blue
Your new job…
- Manage all onsite installation, repair and maintenance for equipment
- Provide customer service and support during field visits
- Build, repair and maintain relationships with customers, suppliers and vendors
- Respond to technical questions regarding available products and services and make outbound follow-up calls to existing customers
- Support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits and other client related events, where necessary
- Provide product and service quotes, discuss credit terms and prepare sales order forms
- Work with the sales team to source potential contacts for equipment sales, conduct cold calls and follow up on sales leads
- The ability to adopt and live/honour our core values
- 3-5 years of related service technician experience
- Minimum Grade 12
- Relevant technical diploma/certificates
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with clean Drivers Abstract
- Technical aptitude and willingness to learn
- Experience in sales a bonus!
- Client focused and a pro at building relationships; you own up to mistakes and will go the extra mile to make amends and repair the business relationship
- A born problem solver who thrives on diagnosing and fixing technical issues
- Excellent at written and verbal communication easily transforming technical language into layman’s terms
- A team player who is always willing to pitch in wherever needed, regardless of whether the task is in your job description
- Personable and genuinely love interacting with clients and teaching them how to use their products
- A self-starter and passionate about the work you do
What’s In It for You?
- Company work vehicle
- Paid travel and accommodation expenses
- Thorough on-the-job technical training
- Comprehensive benefits package and a health spending account
At JMS, we are loyal, dedicated, and operate in a positive team environment. Sound like a fit? Come bleed orange and blue with us!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.