Role Title: Service Technician
Location: Calgary – Travel is Required
Jet Marking Systems (JMS), an affiliate of Jet Label & Packaging, is looking for a full-time Service Technician. This is a great opportunity to become part of a growing company and be at the forefront of technology and innovation for a wide variety of industries.
Jet Marking Systems (JMS) was established in 2005 after the ambitious team at Jet Label & Packaging identified a significant need for label application, conveyor and tracking and traceability equipment from some of their major label customers. Since then, JMS has set out to ensure their customers always have a trustworthy, flexible support team to automate and streamline processes and to minimize downtime of their marking systems.
JMS has a factory and industry trained team with a pool of dynamic and dedicated technicians that cover all Western Canada. We have carefully selected and partnered with first class technology and manufacturers of commercial coding, labeling, case sealing, tracking and traceability, RFID (radio-frequency identification) and conveyor systems to offer you the very best options for any industry.
Your New Job:
- Manage all on site installation, repair and maintenance for equipment.
- Provide customer service and support during field visits.
- Build, repair and maintain relationships with customers, suppliers and vendors.
- Respond to technical questions regarding available products and services and make outbound follow-up calls to existing customers.
- Support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits and other client related events, where necessary.
- Provide product and service quotes, discuss credit terms and prepare sales order forms.
- Work with the sales team to source potential contacts for equipment sales, conduct cold calls and follow up on sales leads.
What We Need From You:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Complete Driver’s Abstract
- Valid Canadian passport; ability to travel to US (for US training and trade shows)
- Technical aptitude and willingness to learn
- Experience in sales is considered an asset
- Ability to travel to client sites within a one hour radius of Calgary, Alberta. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- You are client focused and a pro at building relationships; you own up to mistakes and will go the extra mile to make amends and repair the business relationship.
- You are a born problem solver who thrives on diagnosing and fixing technical issues.
- You excel at written and verbal communication easily transforming technical language into layman’s terms.
- You are a team player who is always willing to pitch in wherever needed, regardless of whether the task is in your job description.
- You genuinely enjoy interacting with clients and teaching them how to use their products.
- You are a self-starter and passionate about the work you do.
What’s In It For You:
- Company work vehicle
- Paid travel and accommodation expenses
- Thorough on-the-job and OEM technical training
- Comprehensive benefits package and a health spending account
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.